Sunday 9 September 2012

Participation in Occupation 2




Malaysian Cooking

As part of this semester we have been required to participate in a new occupation. This will bring insight on how easy/difficult it is to pick up new skills and the many different components of those skills. Because of my great love of food and flavours I have decided on Malaysian style cooking. Malay food has been greatly influenced by the long-ago traders from neighboring countries, such as Indonesia, India, the Middle East, and China. Malay food is often described as spicy and flavorful as it utilizes a melting pot of spices and herbs (MariMari.com, n.d).
We are required to Journal and document our progress, so I have decided to use my skills that I have learnt in previous semesters and fire up the blog site again, so in the next couple of weeks there will be additions based around my cooking adventures, and I say adventures as when I’m in the kitchen anything can happen and I do mean anything. So for my progress, recipes and a comedy of errors keep an eye on this blog site.
MariMari. Com. (n.d). Malay food.  Retrieved from http://www.marimari.com/content/malaysia/food/malay/malay.html

No comments:

Post a Comment